How to make Alu paratha at home [Recipe]
Submitted by : Bishal
for Dough Refined flour 250 gm.
Whole wheat flour 250 gm.
Ghee 50 gm.
Beaten yoghurt 1/2 cup
Ghee for pan try 50 gm.
Salt 12/2 tsp.
Warm water 2 cups
for stuffing Boiled & mashed potato 300 gm.
Finely chopped onion 1/4 cup
Finely chopped green chilli 3-4 pcs.
Finely chopped coriander 2 tsp.
Finely chopped mint 2 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp.
Cumin powder (roasted) 1/4 tsp.
Chat masala 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
1. Sieve the both flour together.
2. Add ghee, knead for 3-4 min.
3. Add the remaining ingredients for dough, knead to make a soft dough, leave covered for 2
hours with a wet towel.
4. Mix all the ingredients for stuffing together knead well.
5. Divide the dough into 10 equal balls.
6. Flatten on palm making well in center.
7. Fill the well with 2 tbsp. stuffing, close.
8. Roll flat to 6"– 7" diameter, pan fry With 1 &1/2 tsp. ghee until both Sides are done & light
brown. Serve on a full plate with Achar or raita.
Reference: from sangrila tourism and training center.